Over my two decade career working at the University of Michigan I worked on several research projects and with some amazing researchers. I was fortunate enough to work with Goncalo Abecasis, PhD and his group at the UM Population Studies Center on the The SardiNIA Project, the results of which were later used to identify the genetic ancestry of Otzi the Iceman. I also worked with Arul Chinnaiyan’s lab on theStand Up To Cancer (SU2C) Prostate Cancer Dream Team and on the Clinical Sequencing Exploratory Research (CSER) MI-ONCOSEQ Project. Some of the research papers I contributed to are listed below
- Cieslik M, Chugh R, Wu Y-M, et al. The use of exome capture RNA-seq for highly degraded RNA with application to clinical cancer sequencing. Genome Research. 2015;25(9):1372-1381. doi:10.1101/gr.189621.115.
- Dan R, Van Allen EM, Wu Y-M, et al. Integrative clinical genomics of advanced prostate cancer. Cell. 2015;161(5):1215-1228. doi:10.1016/j.cell.2015.05.001.
- Dasgupta S, Putluri N, Long W, et al. Coactivator SRC-2–dependent metabolic reprogramming mediates prostate cancer survival and metastasis. The Journal of Clinical Investigation. 2015;125(3):1174-1188. doi:10.1172/JCI76029.
- Sidore C, Busonero F, Maschio A, et al. Genome sequencing elucidates Sardinian genetic architecture and augments association analyses for lipid and blood inflammatory markers. Nature genetics. 2015;47(11):1272-1281. doi:10.1038/ng.3368.
- Pistis G, Porcu E, Vrieze SI, et al. Rare variant genotype imputation with thousands of study-specific whole-genome sequences: implications for cost-effective study designs. European Journal of Human Genetics (2015) 23, 975–983; doi:10.1038/ejhg.2014.216;
- Dhanasekaran SM, Balbin OA, Chen G, et al. Transcriptome Meta-Analysis of Lung Cancer Reveals Recurrent Aberrations in NRG1 and Hippo Pathway Genes. Nature communications. 2014;5:5893. doi:10.1038/ncomms6893.
- Orru V, Steri M, Sole G, et al. Genetic Variants Regulating Immune Cell Levels in Health and Disease Cell. 2013(155:1) 242–256; doi:10.1016/j.cell.2013.08.041;
Starting in 2000 I worked in website development. I started out coding CGI pages in Perl, since then I’ve also worked with PHP, Java, Python, and other scripting languages. I have a github site, most of my repositories are private and are related my work at UM.